This recipe makes about 4 – 5 servings
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion
1 bell pepper
2 cloves garlic (minced or possibly used powdered garlic)
4 cups broth (or use bouillon cubes)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
1/4 teaspoon Cumin (optional)
1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup uncooked rice (optional)
1. Wash, rinse, and chop the bell pepper and onion.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onions and bell peppers until slightly brown and then stir in the garlic (powder).
3. Begin to stir in the broth, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the rice and simmer for fifteen minutes, this time with a cover on the pot.
5. After fifteen minutes (or when the rice is tender), stir in the peanut butter until well blended and then serve.
Options: Instead of uncooked rice, try some nice uncooked noodles, like