1. In a med. saucepan combine 2 cups cold water & 2 cups milk & bring to a low boil over medium heat. While waiting for it to boil, combine 1 cup polenta & 1 cup cold water in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
2. When the milk and water mixture begins to boil add the salt & stir. Slowly add the mamaliga & water mixture, using a whisk to stir out any possible lumps.
3. Once all the mamaliga is added, turn the heat to low & simmer, stirring frequently, until the mamaliga has thickened. Depending on the coarseness of the meal, about 15 minutes
4. Once thickened, add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Sprinkle in some cinnamon if you wish.
5. Ladle mamaliga into small bowls and top with a splash of cream and an extra sprinkling of brown sugar and cinnamon, if you’d like. You can also top with fresh fruit.